Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

One on One with Tripp Atkins

[This is an One on One interview with the head of Impact Championship Wrestling; Mr. William Tunney. Impact Championship Wrestling is a growing wrestling company based out of Smithfield NC. The promotion has garnered its share of attention and it's new executive has garnered his share of controversy. Here is the full interview conducted by me, Tripp Atkins]


Tripp Atkins: Mr. Tunney, I would like to thank you for agreeing to this interview. I would like to begin the interview talking about ICW. Impact Championship Wrestling. How did ICW get started?

Tunney: No Problem Mr. Atkins, ICW from what I saw got started around 2004 with a bunch of hungry young wrestlers looking to make a name for themselves on the Indies scene.


Atkins: Prior to you coming aboard to run ICW, things seemed to be a bit out of control. What were some of the problems that you had to deal with?

Tunney: Yes things were a bit out of control when I stepped in as the new man in charge, Some of the problems were "Direction" They had none of it, They were on the right path but, not quite there yet, so I stepped in to make sure it will go where it needs to be.

Atkins: Mr. Tunney, there had been a great deal of concern from ICW fans and wrestlers about your recent decisions mainly as they concern the STP (Sweet Tea Party). It is believed that you are loyal, more loyal to the STP than ICW. How do you address that?

Tunney: Yes, I’ve been hit hard with phone calls, emails, I've even had threats made to me about how things are going now, It's like this, It's not that I'm more loyal to "STP" than I am to "ICW" It's that I know what works and what will not in this business I've been in the Professional Wrestling Business for a very long time, and I've Seen a lot, been with a lot of Promotions and saw what worked and what didn't work. "STP" Has that "IT" Factor, when Broderick G. McQueen was signed I knew he would be the main attraction, With his background and what he has done for this business it was a no brainer on what I needed to do, ICW Is growing and If they stick together they to will have the "IT" Factor but It seems over 90% of the ICW Roster has personal issues with each other and can not work together to take on STP before It takes over ICW and the way It's going now it will not be long.



Atkins: ICW Heavyweight Champion; Rhyze, as made claim that ICW management, You, do not respect ICW nor him as champion. He has said that he will not bring the ICW title with him until the championship and ICW is treated with respect. What is your response to Rhyze and his actions?

Tunney: Yes, I have seen that Rhyze is not to happy with me at the moment, He has it all wrong, I do Respect The champion, He's the Top man in ICW right now, And I understand how he feels and do not blame him for leaving the title at home, There's reasons for everything Mr. Atkins, As of now Rhyze has a brand new ICW Heavyweight Championship around his waist, In the Office we made the decision to drop the old title and bring in a brand new one, In time I think he will understand why I did what I did.

Atkins: There have been several wrestlers and fans who have called for you to step down. Mike Fortune of Profitt has campaigned to replace you. Michael Devine from MSD has even made demands against you. Do you have plans in stepping down and how do you address those who want you to?

Tunney: Point Blank, I'm not stepping down from "Office" I'm under contract for one full year to Help build this company and if The President of ICW Does not think I'm doing the job when my contract expires then we will go from there, But until then I'm not going anywhere.

Atkins: ICW is currently holding a tournament to crown a new light heavyweight champion and the tag team division is growing very competitive. Where do you see ICW's future from this point forward?

Tunney: Yes. The ICW Lightweight Tournament was my idea to showcase Wrestling’s best Lightweights around the globe, its very interesting watching these quick young men show everybody what they got in that ring, Its something special to see. The Tag team division is growing by the day, and that's what I wanted to see which makes for great matches to see who the best tag team is in ICW I'm looking forward to it. The future is waiting for us, I see ICW being at the top of the Independent scene in 2012 nothing but great things for this Company, like I said Before fasten your seat belts and Get ready for some "IMPACT"!!!

Atkins: Thank you Mr. Tunney for your time.


 Tunney: No Problem Mr. Atkins It was my pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment